Thursday, December 22, 2011

Is H for Hilyer or Hilarious?




Found this cute letter K wrapped in garland on Pinterest, also found a letter Y (sorry no photo). Looks easy huh? NOT!!! I went to HobLob (mile from the house) and found a big size easy, non fancy letter H. The letters used in both examples I found were not at my Hobby Lobby as the tutorials had said!
Started wrapping it, it has to be done in two sections by the way. There is not way to do one continuous wrapping on the letter H (that K neither!). I should have married a Smith, cause S would be a cinch. The garland was wired so it formed easier than say string (juke) where you would have to glue every swipe to the back and around. Well, I got the garland all around and boy do I wish I had a photo of that. I laughed for 10 straight minutes...it looked like a solid rectangle of garland. The garland in between the 'arms' and 'legs' of the H was overlapping and completely filling the spaces. It reminded me of a little green monster that needed one big eyeball. Those of you who know me are suprised i didnt go with the eyeball and call it a day! But hey, this Pinterest thing has got me to thinking I am some kind of creative genius so I figure I gotta give the little monster a haircut and get to my original desired ending. Scissors was taking too long, so I got out my husbands beard trimmer/shaver (the thing they give you crew cuts with in the Army). Worked like a charm and faster. Then it looked plain and the eyeball would not have been funny at that point but well, creepy. So, i got some floral Christmas embellishment at the Hob. Had the ribbon and oh boy do I need to work on ribbons. I am over it and going with it. Phew, I am tired and it was suppose to be a small easy project.

No comments:

Post a Comment