1. (1999) (navy with dots) This was for SGD Hannah, simple Aline with fabric from Grandma Peggy's stash.
2. (1999) Can you tell I purchased the Martha Pullen applique book! This was my first machine zigzag applique, hand cut all the little pieces. This was back when I actually read and followed book/pattern instructions. It was a booger and thus learned many years later why no one should have to applique by hand and I purchased an embroidery machine. This too was for hannah, SGD.
3. (2000) More for my friend Kathy in exchange for scrapbooking supplies. This is a jon jon (allens) with a smocked traffic jam scene.
4. (1999) Confederate flag, request by a family member and proud redneck of the in laws. I thought it was very tacky but I did pretty good to have done it all without a pattern.
5. Another Martha Pullen Aline with her hand appliques. The coconuts on this tree were cute little brown buttons. And more fabric from Grandma's stash.