Monday, March 16, 2009

Turkey Tee


My computer was down and I did lots of sewing and them when I got embroidery machine access back I did all the designs or normally i would be last minuting it all, lol.

Loved this HL turkey fabric but it seemed too busy for a top and I am tired of doing A lines! She loves these pants, they are wild!!! (Get it...wild turkeys...)

Anyway...the ribbon turkey idea was a friends of mine (gooo Jenna!). She made them for her children but with a different turkey design. Her turkey had legs and was a filled design. I now see why hers worked better. But I had seen this turkey I used here on SF (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=64960&hilit=turkey) and wanted to use it. But really it was not big enough to use all the ribbon behind. The blue ribbon did not get sewn down fully and I had to go back and tack it in but it all ended OK. I am such a perfectionist that it is not even enough for me but she loved it. Luckily for me, it does not take much to ooh and aah a 4 yr old!

BTW-the tee is a yard sale buy and it had something already ironed on it (for a boy) and I just put the turkey over it. I love to upcycle!!!

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment