Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pillowcase Top for ME!


I made this recently for our annual Mayor's Ball. You can't see in the picture but it is with a full formal length taffeta skirt. The fabric I got online from Gorgeous Fabrics and the chain I feed thru it is from Target. I actually used pattern Simplicity 2590 for women. Not the halter top one but the peasant top with sleeves, instead of cutting out the sleeves, I just serged the cut inner arms and then folded them in and sewed them down to give it all a finished look. The chain has a lobster clasp but it is somewhere in the casing so that the chain looks sewn into the garment but it is not otherwise I could not have gotten it over my big forehead, lol. I had plans to tuck the top in a balloon it out but when I got the fabric it was more sateen than slinky, luckily last minute i had the belt and Mike liked it better! This all was so easy I could definately do alot of these...now I just need to tone up those arms! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment